Programme financing method
Operational Programme Eastern Poland is financed from two sources:
- European Regional Development Fund from which EUR 2 billion has been allocated to the Programme,
- Public and private national funds whose minimum contribution amounts to EUR 353 million.
Form of support to beneficiaries: Non-repayable grant
Allocation of OP EP funds for individual priorities:
- Entrepreneurial Eastern Poland: EUR 719 million,
- Modern Transport Infrastructure: EUR 916 million,
- Supra-Regional Railway Infrastructure: EUR 330 million,
- Technical Assistance: EUR 34 million.
Means of project financing
A beneficiary whose project was selected for support under the Programme concludes a contract on project co-financing with the competent institution.
Contract on project co-financing specifies the amount of support provided for the implementation of the project and the conditions for its implementation. The agreement or the decision contains in particular the following information:
- the amount of co-financing granted,
- the deadline and means of settling the funding granted,
- method to be used for reporting and settlement,
- sanctions for breaching the provisions of the contract/agreement or decision on co-financing.
According to the general rule, co-financing may cover only the so-called eligible costs. A catalogue of eligible costs is established for each programme and for each type of project. If during the implementation of a project there arises a need to carry out tasks which were not included on the list of eligible costs, such tasks should be financed from beneficiaries’ own funds.